Thursday 28 April 2011

Dury & Jankel

For a while now I've been meaning to post a little bit about one of my best loved duos, but I've been spurred on today following the arrival of one of my new obsessions. The obsessesion in question is the collection of old Face and ID magazine, mainly from the 80s, and the item that arrived today was a The Face No. 17, publish in September 1981.

The article which we're concerning ourselves with today is an interview with Ian Dury and Chas Jankel, responsible for one of my favourite songs of all time 'Spasticus Autisticus', which last time I played at BIJ I had a young righteous chap telling me how disgusted he was at the lyrical content. Follow me attempting to explain the background to the song and the singers illness to no avail, prompting me to tell him to 'Fuck off back to the BBC'.


Anyway, here are lovely pages in full (click for biggerer ones), and I'll see you down the front tonight at The Book Club for some Spartan chanting!

Pac x




No comments: